Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

After picking out the perfect pumpkin at the pumpkin patch we decided to carve it the next night. I was excited for Deacon to get in on the action this year. We stripped him down, got out a towel, and let him go at it. 
Ever since Deacon was little, I have known he is sensitive to textures, but I guess I didn't know how sensitive he really is. 
 Things seemed to be going ok when we first started. He dug right into the pumpkin. 
 He started making a bit of a disgusted face. 
And then this happened....
He was literally dry heaving and gagging every time he would touch the guts. It was the saddest yet funniest thing ever. I seriously thought he was going to throw up several times poor boy. 
 I gave him a spoon and this seemed to help the situation. 
 He loved mixing the pumpkin in a bowl and by the end of the night he was trying to eat pieces of it. 
 He kept getting pumpkin seeds and slime on his foot and was trying to get it off. 
 His little crossed feet kill me. His feet are always like this!
Concentrating so hard at the task at hand...
 He loves this squatting position recently and it cracks us up. 
Oh how we love this little munchkin!
 Alan did the dirty work and actually carved the pumpkin. You know your working hard when the tongue comes out!
 Holidays are so much more fun with kids. We are so glad Deacon is with us this year for Halloween!