Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mock Christmas Eve

Before we headed to Utah for Christmas, we decided to have a mock Christmas celebration with just our little family. As much as we love spending time with our extended families for the holidays, it is so much fun to start new traditions and make memories with our growing family. 
We started off our Christmas Eve celebration with Hawaiian Haystacks. They were delicious!
I am so blessed to have these two boys in my life!
 Deacon absolutely loved his food and was being quite the little entertainer at dinner. This kid truly is hilarious and is bursting with personality! We could not stop laughing at all the faces he was making and he was totally putting on a show for the camera!
I honestly don't think he could have opened his mouth any wider! 

And this is what he did when we asked him to show us his teeth! I'm not sure how we survived before this little sweetheart came into our lives. He is constantly making us laugh!

After dinner we bundled up and loaded into the car. We made a stop to get some hot chocolate then drove around town looking at the Christmas lights. We may have almost slid down an icy cliff but we made it home in one piece. Oh the memories!
This was the first year starting the tradition of giving Deacon an ornament on Christmas Eve. 


A monster for our little monster!

We really had the best night and made some wonderful memories. It was a night I will never forget!

Alan and I had a blast playing Santa and setting up Deacon's toys! I couldn't wait for him to see his kitchen. Christmas truly is magical with kids!

3 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

I need to know more about these hawaiin haystacks. Will you send me your recipe? I haven't had those in like 20 years.... but the toppings looked so fresh and good.

Looks like you guys had a blast, nothing like starting your own family traditions! I really like Deacons ornament too... totally cute! Oh yeah- his open mouth pics.... seriously so cute!

Shawn and Nina Olsen said...

How fun! Those open mouthed pictures are hilarious. This is such a fun age don't you think!? And I love his new toy kitchen!

anya said...

Love this Em!