Friday, January 18, 2013

Christmas Day

We spent Christmas morning with Alan's family. While we waited for all the boys to wake up to open presents, Deacon had a little jam sesh with uncle Mikey. 
Back on Black Friday (or should I say Thanksgiving night) Alan and I waited in line at Toys R Us for two hours to get Deacon a little cleaning cart. I have never really braved the Black Friday madness and we really just did it to experience it once in our lifetime. I don't think I will ever do it again but it's a great memory and it was a good deal. 
I really thought Deacon would like it because he loves pushing around the attachments on our regular vacuum. He ran straight for the little cleaning cart as soon as he saw it. He loves the mop and broom but hasn't quite yet figured out the vacuum and he gets scared when we turn it on. 
Mikey got Deacon this basketball hoop and Deacon loves it! Mikey is the best uncle and seriously is one of the most giving people I know. 
One of Deacon's favorite toys was this $5 truck we got him...go figure!
Deacon got some darling new pajamas. 
I'm so glad we decided to do Christmas in Poky before we left for Utah. Deacon was so out of sorts on Christmas morning and was quite a little grump. I think he was in major sensory overload and he was running on very little sleep. 

Alan and his brother's with their Grandmother and Granddad. 

Around lunch time we headed over to Alan's aunt's house to spend some time with his Dad's family. Unfortunately, I had to leave early to put Deacon down for a nap because he had had it. 

Later that night we got together with my family for dinner, presents, and the traditional matching game. 
A couple years ago my mom started this fun tradition of a matching game with awesome prizes and gift cards. It is so much fun and gets quite competitive. This year she also did a matching game for the grandkids. We look forward to it every year!
Deacon wanted nothing to do with opening presents and instead played with this phone and climbed up and down the stairs. Needless to say, we were exhausted by the end of the night! 
We had such a fabulous Christmas! We all received some amazing gifts and most importantly loved spending time with our families!

No comments: