Sunday, October 30, 2011

Waiting...

October 30th always seemed so far away so I'm in disbelief that it is finally here! I am officially 40 weeks today and although I am feeling very impatient, I feel so much gratitude that I have been able to carry our baby full term. After having worked with so many premature babies, one of my biggest fears was going into labor early. Now I'm afraid our little guy has gotten way too comfortable!
I have been dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced for a couple of weeks now. Unfortunately, I'm afraid my body is making very slow progress. My doctor gave me the option to induce next week but we chose to wait it out a little longer as I'm hoping for as natural of a labor as possible. So I'm going to try my hardest to patiently wait and soak up the last couple of days of being childless. There is a big part of me that knows I will really miss being pregnant as it has been an amazing experience. However, we are dying to meet our sweet baby boy. I never thought I would be able to say this...but I am ready!
So here I am in all my 40 weeks of glory...hoping this is the last weekly picture update!

4 comments:

anya said...

you look amazing em! can't wait to meet baby pannier!

Shan and Cam said...

You look fab! I hope he comes sooner than later... but you don't even look bloated. Seriously, not fair. Btw, that area looks really pretty where your pic is.

DeLoach Fam said...

I keep checking back to see the news:) I am sure it will be the next post!!! I am soooo excited for you good luck:)

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Emily, you are so cute!!! I can't believe the time is here!!! I am unbelievably excited for you guys.