Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Home Wrecker

So Alan opened the front door the other day to leave for work when I heard him yell, "nasty"! I found him looking at this....
If you can't tell what it is...look closer and you will see a bird's nest.
I suddenly had a flashback of the time a bird made a nest in my mom's wreath and actually layed eggs. We had to slowly open the door everyday so the eggs wouldn't fall. You can only be so careful and sure enough we found a tiny baby chick splattered on the front porch one day. I don't know whats worse, risking this happening again or taking the wreath down and throwing the nest in the garbage(which is exactly what I did). The poor bird probably came back that night to lay her eggs and found no nest...Should I feel guilty?
And yes, that is my Christmas wreath still on my door in May. Thanks to the nest I was forced to take it down.

4 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

So sad. That has happened to us so many times. It's debatable at what to do... but I can't stand the poop.

Ray and Dani said...

Ah! No way! I can't a bird made a nest in your wreath.. that is funny. I've never heard of anything like that before. But yes, quite sad for the bird that lost her nest... but I would have done the same thing :)

Mickenzie said...

Haha funny same thing happened to my wreath and I threw it away. Then it probably moved to your house :)

Jeff and Linz said...

Em you are too funny! I love your wreath keep it up!!