A couple months ago the State of Idaho announced that offices would be closed every other Friday due to budget cuts. Although, we have missed the extra money, it has been nice to have some extra free time. This past Friday was my last furlough and we wanted to take advantage so we planned a trip to SUN VALLEY! Alan used to go to Sun Valley every summer but he hadn't been for several years and I had never been there. We realized on our drive that we actually don't live in a small town compared to all the little towns consisting of 70 people. I don't think I can go on a vacation without forgetting at least one thing. About 30 minutes into the drive, I suddenly realized I forgot my running shoes, which I would be needing for all the activities we would be doing. Lucky for us we are experienced thrift store shoppers and knew just what to do. I was a little disgusted I would have to wear someone else's smelly shoes so I searched for the cleanest looking pair in my size.
Alan is convinced that these are the coolest shoes ever and thinks I should wear them when we play tennis. I'm not so sure about that.
The first day we rented a tandem bike and rode to Hailey, which is 14 miles each way.
The scenery was beautiful and we were lucky to only get a few sprinkles of rain on the way back.
The next day we went on a hike. I am not always the happiest hiker because of the hills but I survived and actually had a fabulous time.
Leave it to Alan to find a walking stick. He kept trying to convince me to use it.
We ate at some fabulous restaurants and enjoyed just getting away for a couple days.
2 comments:
That looks so fun Em! I LOVE the shoes!
Sun Valley is one of my favorite places!! we should hit it up in the winter for some good skiing!! looks like fun!
Post a Comment