Saturday, June 5, 2010

Blast from the Past

We relived some childhood memories this week and went roller skating with our friends. I was reminded of the days when I used to go to Classic Skating. The skating rink in Poky is called Deleta and I'm not quite sure it is as popular as Classic. We were practically the only ones on the rink...which made it all the better for us. I was a little bummed they didn't do "Snowball" but we did play a game called "Sharks and Minnows", which involved having someone chase you across the rink. I think I was the worst at the game and surprisingly, Alan was one of the best. I told him he should channel his expertise in roller skating to dancing! (We took dancing lessons one time and it was pretty much a disaster. My toes were bruised by the end of the night).
All of these couples live right next to us. How lucky are we?
This is harder than it looks!
We did our own "Snowball".
Yes we did a roller skating train.
We ended the night with rootbeer floats!

5 comments:

Shannon and Cameron said...

That one of you and Alan skating is awesome. You should frame it.... I love it.

Jennifer Lane said...

AHHH....the snowball. Classic. Truly classic.

anya said...

That is hilarious! Hey... if you ever want to head back over to Classic for a real round of Snowball, let me know. I have a serious hook-up! ;)

Kurt and Jordan said...

oh this post made me laugh so hard!!! That's it I am going to classic this week for a round of snowball that was my all time faovrite!!!! Looks like you guys had fun:)

Luke and Ali Stewart said...

That is seriously hilarious! Sometimes reliving childhood things are the funnest and funniest nights ever!~