The Idaho Falls Zoo also put on a Halloween event so we made the drive to check it out. We made sure to find the penguins! Too bad we couldn't really get a decent picture through the glass.
They had a costume contest and we were really excited to enter our cute little penguin.
Waiting for the contest to start...
Deacon was judged against all the kids age 0-3. He made some friends while he waited!
He could not have played the part more perfectly. He was quite the little ham! He was strutting his stuff all over the stage.
The mayor of Idaho Falls was one of the judges and announced the winners. When he got to first place he asked the crowd what kind of animal there is in South America. A little girl in the audience yelled "a penguin"! As if on cue, Deacon immediately ran to the front of the stage.
His prize was a big stuffed duck and he couldn't have been more thrilled!
Showing off his prize to the other kids!
I'm not sure I could have felt prouder than I did in that moment! I can't imagine what it will feel like as he gets older and has some "real" accomplishments! We love our little guy so much. He is honestly bursting with personality and keeps us laughing all the time!





3 comments:
That's so fun, congratulations! His costume turned out darling!
Haha this is the greatest post! I love Deacons little personality... what a fun and happy little boy.
Ha ha He seriously has the best personality! His costume ROCKS! Love the picture of Al giving him the duck... his smile says it all. Cute cute
Post a Comment