Another month has flown by. I am so sad my baby is growing up but a part of me is relieved because Deacon's 4th month was HARD! But we survived and I think I have my sweet, happy baby back. We are pretty positive that the culprit to the madness was his reflux, which seems to finally be under control. We had him on Zantac for a month, which seemed to make him fussier so he is now on Prevacid. We aren't sure whether it is working or whether he is just growing out of the reflux. Either way we are just glad he is happy and seems to be feeling better.
{Of course he had to be quite serious while I was taking these pictures}
Our little Deacon absolutely loves life and you can't help but smile when you are around him. I know I am biased but I really don't think I have seen another baby that squeals and giggles quite like he does. When he is happy he is HAPPY and it honestly is hysterical! He is quite the little ham when he wants to be. He truly is the light of our lives and has brought the sweetest spirit into our home.
Here are some fun facts about our little guy:
-He is OBSESSED with rolling from his back to his belly. The only problem is that he has only rolled from his belly to his back a handful of times. This poses a problem in the middle of the night when he rolls over then starts crying because he is stuck. Although annoying at times, it is quite humorous. Literally the second you put him on his back he flips right over.
-He is SO interested in his surroundings. His head and eyes can't move fast enough to take everything in.
-He is quite the busy body. He does not sit still and does not like to cuddle. Sad for me but I'm glad he is so active and learning so much.
-He is super close to sitting on his own and I wouldn't be surprised if he started crawling soon.
-He has started sucking his bottom lip. Not sure why but it cracks us up.
-We just bought him a high chair and he loves it. He will not sit still in his bumbo and has almost flipped out several times so we needed something to feed him in.
-He loves touching and grabbing our faces.
-He is very ticklish, especially is neck, armpits, and legs.
-He lights up when his dad gets home.
-He is finally tolerating his car seat and I am so happy about this!
-We started rice cereal around 4 months and he did not like it. I took a break and made some homemade brown rice cereal. It has only been 2 days but he really seems to like it.
-He has become quite the character about nursing. I can laugh now but it was quite traumatic for awhile. There are some feedings where he completely refuses to nurse, some where he just gets very impatient, and others that he does just fine. After some emotional days of not being ready to stop nursing him, I am finally coping with that fact that it is ok if he has a bottle if he doesn't want to nurse. He absolutely loves holding his own bottle, taking it out of his mouth, examining it, and putting it back in his mouth.
-We did some major nap training this month. It was easier than I thought. He will now fall asleep on his own for his naps and usually takes two 45-60 min naps and one 2-3 hour nap each day. He no longer has to be swaddled while sleeping.
-Unfortunately, he isn't sleeping as good at night as he used to but I still think he is doing pretty well. He goes to bed around 8 p.m. and wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. He usually wakes up once or twice... sometimes to nurse, sometimes just wants his binky, and other times he is wide awake and just wants to play!
{We are quite in love with this gummy, cheesy grin!}
4 comments:
Glad things are going better! He's darling!
oh my... i pulled up this post and Millie started shouting at the computer... "DEACON! DEACON!" She loves him!
Oh he is just getting so so cute and big! This age was hard for Nixon too. We should catch up soon! You guys look great and Deacon is such a sweetie.
I love the picture of Alan walking on the road. Hilarious and ingenious!
Post a Comment