Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Break

Alan had a week off from school for Spring Break. We stayed in Pocatello for the first half of the week and then headed to Utah for the second half. We had tons of fun...probably the best trip to Utah we have had since Deacon was born. This being due to me finally adjusting to traveling with a baby and the pregnancy hormones FINALLY working their way out of my body (or so I hope). Yes, I'll admit I have had issues!!! Anyway, here is a picture overload of our trip.
Every time we head to Utah I have a massive list of To Do's of things I can't do or get in Pocatello. Needless to say, we seriously had to make a schedule so we could fit everything in that we needed and wanted to do. I am proud to say we did everything!
City Creek was at the top of our list. My mom went with us and we loved it! It is beautiful and the stores are incredible. I can't wait to go back. Deacon was a trooper and loved people watching as he always does!
We made a trip to IKEA for a highchair and lots of other odds and ends.
We spent lots of time with Nana and Papa. Alan's family was out of town while we were there.
We also got to spend lots of time with cute Luke and Millie. One day we took a walk to the park with them.
We were pretty "shopped out" by the time the week was over. Deacon kept us (and the rest of the store) entertained while we waited for Alan to try on clothes at Nordstrom Rack.
Of course we made a trip to In-N-Out Burger
We went to Park City on Friday night for Alan's mission reunion. Alan was A.P. when they got a new mission president in his mission. For this reason, Alan got super close with President Benton even though he only served with him for a couple of weeks. It was fun to finally meet him!
We visited Alan's Dad and Step-Mom one day. They gave Deacon this cute John Deere quilt and he loves it!
We were lucky to go to the soft opening of Corner Bakery in Draper. Basically we got to eat lots of delicious food for free! Here is the whole fam minus my dad and sister's family.
One of the biggest reasons we went to Utah was to meet my brother and his wife's new baby, Leah! She is only 4 months younger than Deacon and she is adorable! Holding her made me miss my snuggly baby.
Ang and Leah with Deacon and I
Deacon and my mom
My mom and Leah
This is not the greatest picture but here are the cute cousins!
Deacon loved spending time with Dad!
Deacon with his cute new book from Nana.

4 comments:

anya said...

that last picture it to die for cute! sorry our big move got in the way of spending more time with you guys! next time! oh and did Al tell you that I made a tenatitive plan with alan to come to the lava hot springs this summer! I have never been!

Shan and Cam said...

Good documentation! Looks like you had a fun time... Deacon's growing up so fast. Holy smokes! They change so quick! He's darling!

Brent and Angela said...

Em! I loved having you guys around. Deacon kills me...when he was laughing in the living room I wanted to just gobble him up. He's absolutely delicious!

The Nielsens said...

I LOVE your purple shirt. You look great!