Sunday, March 25, 2012

Florida

Last year, Alan and 3 Pharmacy friends competed in a business plan competition. They placed top 3 in the nation and went to Nashville to compete and took 1st place. The business plan basically took up Alan's life for a year but one of the rewards for winning was a trip to Naples, Florida to attend a Pharmacy conference. The best part was that Deacon and I got to go too!
I'm not going to lie, I was a nervous wreck about taking Deacon on an airplane when he was just 3 months old but the plane ride went better than I expected! However, we quickly learned that traveling with a baby is A LOT of work!
Deacon was a little angel on the flights and won the hearts of many passengers.
The flights to Florida were pretty uneventful but the flights home were a different story! Deacon was awesome but it seemed like everything else went wrong. Deacon had a blow out and airplane bathrooms are not eqipped for this situation. After getting it taken care of we were stuck in the back of the plane for quite a while because the flight attendents were serving drinks. This actually turned out to be a blessing because I was able to rock Deacon to sleep.
This was the least of our problems. Shortly after, Alan puked from the turbulance, we left our SLR camera on the plane (luckily we got it back) Delta broke our stroller, which made the rest of the trip home interesting, and I got home to find out that my flat iron had been snapped in half in my suitcase. Fortunately, this all happened on our way home rather than going.
We spent the first day exploring Naples and doing a little shopping. We loved the sunshine and the beautiful scenery.
We also made sure one of the first things we did was take Deacon to the pool to dip his toes in the water.
Sadly, he didn't like it as much as we thought he would.
And every night we spent some quality family time in our hotel room. We can't get enough of our little man!
More to come of our fabulous trip...

1 comment:

Shan and Cam said...

Vacations are the best! Glad you guys had fun!