Monday, August 15, 2011

Chevron Wall

I have been trying to decide how to paint the nursery for several months and finally decided that I wanted to paint a Chevron wall. I knew that Alan and I wouldn't be able to do this project on our own so I recruited my dad to help us. I think my dad was hoping and praying I would change my mind because he knew how much work it would be. However, I had my mind set and there was no turning back! My dad made the trek up to Pocatello last weekend to help us with the project.
Alan and my dad spent one full night doing calculations and making a blueprint of the design. I can't imagine how tired they must have been because my brain hurt just listening to them!
We made a "sacred" pattern that turned out to be a lifesaver!
The taping alone literally took us 9 hours. Although I am not in any of these pictures I did paint every edge of tape to make sure it was sealed before we started painting with the grey. Oh, and I provided lots of moral support and made sure the men were well fed and hydrated!
We were a bit nervous to pull off the tape and expected to have a lot of touch ups. However, I now swear by Frog Tape and seriously want to do a testimonial for the company! That stuff is amazing!
And now for the finished product...
We are so happy with how it turned out. A big thanks to Alan and my Dad for helping me with this very time consuming/annoying project. And thanks to my dad for sacrificing his weekend to come to Poky to help us.
More pictures to come when the nursery is complete!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!! That is so cool! I can't wait to see the rest!

Shan and Cam said...

Looks awesome! Love seeing these pics compared to the cell phone pics. Love it and can't wait to see the whole thing!

anya said...

Seriously so impressed em! I love it!!

Larsens said...

OH you are a awesome woman for actually doing it! I love that and would just not even try! Can't wait to see it all!! What colors are you doing for him?

jess said...

Holy cow you guys! That is so awesome. Great job! You all must have tons of patience. Em your tummy is darling! I need to see you in person!!!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Emily, it looks amazing!!! I am so excited to see the finished product!!

Skye said...

Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

oh I am so jealous!! wish we could paint! awesome job. it turned out amazing!!