Saturday, May 28, 2011

Your Both Being Admitted?

Alan and I had quite the eventful weekend...and it was not exactly what we had planned. I'm still slightly traumatized but fortunately everything seemed to turn out ok. Looking back, it actually is somewhat comical! So I woke up at 6:30 a.m. on Friday to get ready for work only to find out that I was bleeding...sorry for the graphic details. So of course I freaked out and started yelling to Alan. He was dead asleep because he had just gotten back from Washington D.C. the night before. He finally woke up and jumped out of bed to see what was wrong. I knew I needed to go to the E.R. but I quickly called my mom to tell her. While I was talking to my mom, Alan went into the bathroom. Next thing I know, I hear a thud and when I turned around Alan was slumped on the ground between our toilet and our tub. I ran to him and he was completely lifeless with his eyes rolled back in his head. I thought he was having a seizure or a stroke or something...maybe a little dramatic but I seriously had no idea what was going on. I hung up with my mom and called 911. I was shaking Alan and calling his name and it seemed like he was lying there in my arms for eternity before he finally came to. I seriously could not tell if he was breathing. He finally woke up and when I told him what happened, he said, "No, I'm sleeping!" The paramedics finally arrived and I think they thought I was crazy when I told them that I was 19 weeks pregnant and bleeding and my husband had just passed out/had a seizure...I had no idea. They went upstairs to check Alan out. They sat him up to take his blood pressure and all seemed fine. Then, they stood him up to take his blood pressure and he had the same episode all over. His eyes rolled back and he collapsed to the ground. Of course, I was scared to death. The paramedics said they needed to transport both of us to the E.R. Luckily, I talked them into letting me drive us there instead. They strapped Alan into a chair and carried him down our stairs and loaded him into our car. Alan looked terrible. He was pale as a ghost and was sweating to death. As soon as we got to the ER, I ran in and got a wheelchair and then proceeded to tell them what was going on. They were so confused and said, "So you are both being admitted?" Alan was checked into the ER and they took me up to Labor and Delivery. I can't describe my feelings as I sat there alone in the triage room waiting for the doctor and wondering what was going on with Alan. We were both alone. Luckily, my sweet co-workers came over to sit with me, which made things so much better. And our sweet neighbors who had come outside when the paramedics were loading us into the car brought Alan his phone and sat with him for a bit. Fortunately, the doctor said Alan just got out of bed too fast and was also dehydrated so they gave him some fluids and he was good to go. It was such a relief to see him walk into my room.
{This is quite possibly the most hideous picture ever but we had to document the day}
To make a long and graphic story short, all was well with me and the baby and they could not figure out why the bleeding had happened. And one of the good things that came out of the crazy morning was finding out we are having....a BOY!!! We couldn't be happier. Fortunately, there are much easier ways to find out the sex of your baby! In the past I have never quite understood the point of posting ultrasound pictures. However, when it is your own, you think it is the cutest thing ever. We can't stop looking at our baby boy's little profile.
We couldn't be happier to welcome this sweet baby boy into our family. The doctor ordered me to be on bed rest over the weekend until I see my regular doctor (he was out of town). Although I have felt pretty helpless, Alan and I have quite enjoyed spending time together just the two of us the past couple of days.

We have been so overwhelmed by all the love and support we have received this past weekend. We have the best family and friends. Thank you to everyone for their phone calls, text messages, prayers, dinners, and visits. My sweet family came up on Sunday to spend the day with us and made us dinner. It meant so much to us. And most importantly, thank you to a loving Heavenly Father who watched out for us and protected us. We have been so blessed!
{The beautiful flowers my parents sent us}

10 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

Boo for hospitals and yay for boys!!! I'm so excited you are having a boy and happy everything turned out ok in the end! Love you guys!

Andrea :) said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you are both o.k.! Congrats on getting a little boy. Hope you all stay out of the hospital until it's time to meet your little guy face to face. :)

Kurt and Jordan said...

oh my gosh that had to have been the CRAZIEST story I have ever heard! I am soo glad that you are both ok! And your having a boy that is sooo exciting! Boys are the best! Glad everything is ok with both of you!

Mickenzie said...

That seriously is a great story. I'm so glad everything is ok. I'm dying over the pic of baby P he is going to be a cute one. How cute is it that you can see his little nose. Babies are amazing!

Calista said...

You gave us quite the scare! I'm so glad ALL 3 of you are doing good! I literally only know one person who odor as been pregnant in the last year that is having girl- so lil' boy Pannier will have lots of buddies!

Mrs. Hashimoto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Hashimoto said...

sorry to hear about your crazy weekend. glad all three of you are ok!

also i had no idea you had celiacs! we should swap recipes!!

Jennifer Lane said...

I know I'm a little late on reading this story but I really can't believe it!!! What a story to tell. I'm glad you are both okay but honestly, I had to chuckle. Alan is so funny!! What are the chances. Congrats on the baby boy! I'm so excited for you and Alan.

Emma said...

This is seriously CRAZY! I can't believe this story. I am so happy you are having a boy though:) Congrats Em!

anya said...

I am not sure how I missed this post Em! Glad I looked back to read it!

You left out my favorite details about Alan! Boo! (he he he!)

So happy you are having a boy! Yeah!!!! :)