This year on Mother's Day, I feel blessed and honored that I will soon be a mother, which to me, is the most sacred calling I will have on this earth. For me, the journey to getting pregnant was different than I ever expected. Although I know there are many people out there that tried longer and are still trying to get pregnant, it definitely took us longer than we expected. It was a time of a lot of sadness and tears. Looking back, I am so grateful for everything I learned and I don't regret one minute of that trial. My only regret is not handling it better. I love everything I learned and it has given me a greater glimpse into what other people have and are still experiencing. I remember feeling sorry for myself and then I would hear about someone else's trial and I would quickly regret those feelings of pity for myself. I wish and hope that every woman who desires can have the chance to be a mother.
Although there have been ups and downs, I have loved every minute of this journey. Yes, the morning sickness has been difficult, but each day it is a reminder that I will be a mother and it is a small price to pay. I guess it is the beginning of the many sacrifices you make as a mother. So to all the mother's, mother's to be, or those hoping to be a mother...Happy Mother's Day!
5 comments:
The best thing about trials is the journey you travel. It changes you and then you're better in the end... looking back you'll never wish it was any different because of the person you became. I'm glad it has all worked out for you and we are excited for you and Al!
i am happy for you em :)
yeah!!! congrats. I'm so excited for you guys and wish you the best
what a great post!! i am so happy for you!! Hope you had a good mothers day you soon to be mommy! :)
What a sweet post. I am so excited for you to hold your own tiny baby in your arms for the first time. There is nothing like it, and you will never be the same. It is worth all the sick days,i promise! Hang in there, and thanks for sharing, babies are surely a blessing and sometimes it's hard the get them here! Congrats again Em!
Post a Comment