Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kitchen Table Makeover

Alan and I were fortunate to be the lucky recipients of many hand-me-downs when we got married. One of these items was our kitchen table. I definitely would not have hand picked this table but considering it was free I can't complain. I decided a paint job would spruce this table up a bit. Here is the table before...
Alan pried off those hideous flaps on the end and almost stabbed his hand in the process.
The actual table was one of our first painting projects. This is when we had the brilliant idea to spray paint in our garage and ended up with a film of brown dust covering everything in our garage. Needless to say, we learned our lesson. It took me several months to get around to the chairs. Partly because I had to wait until it was warm enough to paint outside and not in my garage. I couldn't bear the thought of spray painting each chair so luckily by brother graciously let us borrow his spray gun. I wanted to use the spray gun so bad that we hauled the four chairs down to Salt Lake in our Honda over Labor Day. I'm not quite sure how we managed to do that. I was not aware of the intensity of this spray gun until we began the project. I'm pretty sure the spray gun was not really intended for kitchen chairs but it still did the trick! We had quite a set up at my brother's house to make sure we didn't get paint on the driveway but unfortunately there were some remnants. Sorry Scott and Anya! Alan sprayed while I basically stressed out and held the spray gun.
Here is our finished table...

5 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

Super cute! Aren't you so glad you bought that owl vase... it looks darling!!

Kasi Lee said...

Emily, that looks fabulous! I'll have to check out all of your projects sometime. You are a creative girl!

al + sar said...

Em I look at your blog sometimes and I LOVE your furniture projects! You need to start a How-To blog! Or a post on how to do it! I have so many pieces of old furniture but I have no clue how to paint them! Looove your table, so cute! Hope you guys are doing well in ID!

Larsens said...

SO cute em! Love it. That blue looks similar the the blue we used for our outside chairs I LOVE blue right now!! You guys are so cute! Loved seeing you at the fair sorry we couldn't stay longer!

The Nielsens said...

I LOVE the blue and brown. What a cute idea. And happy birthday!