Thursday, February 4, 2010

Life Lately

Things have been pretty uneventful the last couple weeks here in Poky. It seems like all we have been doing is work, work, and more work. Alan is in his second semester of Pharmacy School and started taking classes for his MBA this semester as well. He has class on Mondays from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. I don't envy him! Work for me has been crazy. A couple weeks ago I was asked to do an hour presentation for Channel 12 here in Pocatello that will be aired twice a week for the month of February. Not sure why I was asked to do this assignment but I'm pretty sure it might have something to do with being being the newest employee and getting everyone's dirty work. I think this will be the closest thing I'll get to stardom in my life! I got my stitches off a week ago and I am so glad! I was getting pretty sick of showering like this...

Alan mastered the art of hair washing but I'm pretty sure he is glad he doesn't have to wake up early to wash my hair anymore!
I'm learning that the bad thing about being a homeowner and being in school is that you have no money to decorate. I am on a mission to find cheap things and refurbish them. We went to 5 different thrift stores tonight and came home empty handed...except for these shoes I bought at Ritzy Repeats for $2...what a deal!
The hunt continues for some furniture!

4 comments:

LOVE BIRDS said...

I completely understand about the not being able to afford any decorations for the new house. I am in the same boat. I have been looking at blogs lately to see how to refurbish old furniture and I ran across this website www.allthingsthrifty.com. I am hooked. So now Brysen and I are on a mission to make our house look good without spending a lot of money. so look at it and good luck. let me know how htings turn out. miss ya!

Shannon and Cameron said...

That is hilarious, I'm doing the same thing. I go to thrift stores all the time and love it. Hopefully your presentation went good... can't wait to hear about it!

Those shoes are super cute and that is the best deal ever!

An average mom named rachel said...

Whatever, you got asked to do the presentation because i am sure you are the cutest employee. :)
So Zurik qualified for this thing called DDI Advantage in Utah...Where people come and work with his gross motor development. I feel so stupid, like it is my fault he is not crawling. But i swear i try to get him interested everyday! Do you ever think that with people you work with!?

Jeff and Linz said...

Poor Al! I totally don't miss those days! You are a t.v. star!! That is so fun! Darling shoes I LOVE them and am for sure jealous!! Let's plan something soon!