My baby boy turned 21 months today! I can't believe I will have a 2 year old in just 3 short months. That just seems weird! Deacon is learning, growing, and changing every single day. He really amazes me!
Deacon has done very well adjusting to our new life in Utah. The first day he woke up in our new house he immediately was asking to look out the window for the trains like he did in Pocatello. This made me cry but he hasn't really asked since. He loves seeing the Trax trains occasionally and we took a ride on Trax last weekend and he loved it!
He is completely obsessed with cars and trucks. We had a family friend give Deacon all his old cars and trucks and Deacon has been in absolute heaven. He loves driving them all over the furniture in our house and it really could entertain him for hours!
He runs so fast and really amazes me with his motor skills.
He is talking so much! He is putting 2 words together, sometimes 3. He is a little difficult to understand but Alan and I can always understand what he is saying. I really should make a list of the words he is saying but he says new things every single day. I took him on a bike ride tonight and he was talking about every single thing he saw.
He is obsessed with ice cream cones. Like literally obsessed! He doesn't even really like the ice cream it's just the cone.
He loves to pray and asks to pray before every meal without fail. He will fold his arms and say "pray". He even does it in restaurants and insists that we pray. He says "men" (amen) when the prayer is over.
He has started going through a lovely hitting phase. He likes to hit us when he is mad or doesn't get what he wants. He also really loves the words "no" and "move". This is definitely not my favorite!
He LOVES TV! His favorite thing to say is "please show" and he thinks he always gets to watch one because he's asking nicely. It is hard to say no when he asks in his sweet little voice.
He enjoys singing songs with us such as "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes", "Tiny Turtle", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "The Hello Song", and the hot dog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He knows the actions and some of the words to these songs.
He has become quite the climber. This is one motor skill that I feel like took him a bit (which I was glad) but he now can climb on everything. We have a really tall bed and he just figured out how to climb on it and loves to jump on it. He loves climbing at the park.
He loves jumping on anything, especially in his crib and the couch.
He loves riding his trike. He has gotten really good at it and gets going really fast.
He loves imitating a gorilla and opens his mouth and pounds on his chest. It is hilarious!
He has started doing this thing where he loves to "tip toe" as he calls it along curbs. I think he may have learned it from one of his shows.
He's obsessed with toys and asks for them when we go into any store. Shopping has become a joke and I really can't take him shopping because he freaks out. The one exception is grocery shopping. He does ok with that.
He loves to help make smoothies and loves to pull a chair up to the counter when I'm cooking to see what I'm doing.
He is starting to count. He can count to ten with help from us.
He finally got his bottom molars just about two weeks ago. It was really the worst experience for him and us. He was so miserable and I have discovered he gets some sort of stomach thing when he gets teeth. With both bottom molars he was throwing up. It was really a bad couple of weeks.
He figured out how to do somersaults by himself and is pretty good at them. He calls them "saults".
He has been an amazing napper since we moved to Utah. He usually goes down between 1:00-1:30 and sleeps till 4:00 or 5:00. It really has been heavenly! He goes to bed between 8:30-9:00 and sleeps till 7:00.
He still takes his binky at nap time and night. He calls it his "p". I took it from him about a week ago and then I was worried it was affecting his sleep so I caved and gave it back! I felt like a bad mom but I'm ok to wait a bit to get rid of it.
He has become quite dramatic about getting his teeth brushed, diaper changed, and hair washed. I'm talking screaming bloody murder. I'm hoping this passes soon!
He is still a great eater for the most part. His favorite foods are any fruit but loves raspberries, strawberries, and mandarins. He loves bread, smoothies, chocolate milk (which he calls "milk choc"), cereal, and yogurt.
He loves looking out the window at our new house and especially loves watching for the mailman and garbage truck.
He got a new stuffed animal dog named "blue" that he sleeps with and really loves him.
He started nursery when we moved to Utah and he is doing fairly well. He has a difficult time transitioning from playing with toys to snack time, which usually ends in tears and they come get us.
He is still trying to figure out the whole sharing/taking turns thing but he is starting to get the hang of it.
He has loved spending time with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
We sure love this little boy and I have had the best summer with him. We love getting out every day and have had so much fun doing new things in Utah! Some of our favorite activities are swimming, Discovery Gateway, the zoo, Liberty Park, and the lake at Daybreak. We are soaking up the sun as much as we can!












No comments:
Post a Comment