Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Deacon: 2 Years

I can't believe I have a 2 year old! I swear this should not be happening! However, this may be my favorite stage yet…well most days! I am loving how communicative Deacon is becoming. I love hearing him say new words and his little voice makes my heart melt. He is putting several words together on a regular basis. He also seems to copy everything we say. I'm the proudest mom in the world! 
2 Year Stats:
Height: 34.25 inches - 46th percentile
Weight: 27.78 pounds - 48th percentile
Where do I begin with what Deacon is doing? The real question is what isn't he doing? At least that's what it feels like!
Deacon is the happiest child…he really is! Everything excites him and he loves saying "wow, cool" in the cutest high pitched voice. He loves life and his attitude is contagious! He is super energetic and I really don't know where he gets his energy. He loves to hop like a bunny and I'm really not sure how his legs don't get tired. He typically hops or runs everywhere and it is a rarity to see him walking. 
He is very social. He really acknowledges other kids and calls them all "friends", however he isn't so sure about playing with them yet except for his cousins. He plays really well with them.
He is doing awesome at nursery. We are so proud of him and the progress he has made. He loves going and asks for "toys" all through Sacrament. He still gets super tired on Sunday with the whole no nap thing and a couple Sundays ago fell asleep on his nursery teacher's lap!
 We started a class at the Little Gym. His teacher Mr. Brayden is awesome and I love watching Deacon learn and improve every week. It is right up Deacon's alley because he gets to run, climb, and jump the whole class. 
He is really into emergency vehicles such as fire trucks and police cars. We got him a fire station for his birthday and he loves it. He is great at pretend play and he likes to ring the bell on the station and say there is a fire and take the helicopter and firetruck to the fire to spray it out. Then this is repeated a million times! 
He loves reading books before bed and typically chooses the same ones every night. Alan and I have most his books memorized!
He is still a great napper and sleeper. He typically naps around 3 hours and it is heavenly! 
He is a great eater most of the time. He absolutely loves fruit and his favorite is definitely raspberries. He could eat an entire container in one sitting if we let him. He loves cake! It is by far his favorite dessert. If I make homemade cookies I practically have to twist his arm to eat one but cake is another story. 
Deacon wants our constant attention right now. He pretty much won't play with anything unless we are right by him. He constantly says "hand" then grabs our hand to take us where he wants to go. It's hard to get anything done but I'm trying to remember that it won't last long and I'll miss it. 
He is really obsessed with his stuffed animals. He is always hugging them and putting them up to his face and saying "ooh cute". It's maybe the cutest thing ever!
He is extremely agile and acrobatic. He jumps off of everything and really loves to climb. I definitely foresee sports in his future! 
He has the best memory in the world. I'm talking sometimes it's a little freaky. We can go somewhere one time and then several weeks later he talks about every detail. It's really crazy. 
 He knows his colors really well. He can sort and also point out colors and say what they are. He likes talking about the colors of the clothes he wears. He knows his shapes pretty well…that is pointing them out. He isn't really naming them yet. 
He is starting to count. He will climb up on things and say "2, 5, 10" and then jump. 
He has all his teeth on the bottom…with the exception of his two year molars. His upper canine teeth are about to pop through. I can't wait to have that over with!
He is a big observer and really takes in his surroundings. You can also tell he really pays attention to people's conversations. When Alan and I are talking he always chimes in with what we are saying. 
He is still totally obsessed with t.v. He asks for "shows" all the time although he doesn't always get his way. 
He goes up and down stairs like a champ without holding onto anything. It freaks me out but he does really well. He is definitely a dare devil. 
We absolutely adore this boy and feel so blessed to have him in our family. He's absolutely perfect in every way! Even his cheesy grin!

3 comments:

Charish said...

he is seriously the cutest kid!! his facial expressions are so expressive and say so much! we miss you guys so much!

Chris Neidig said...

Every picture is so adorable! He is the cutest little boy and I love him!

Angie N said...

What a clever boy!!! He really is the happiest little bunt and I love him!