Sunday, March 4, 2012

Deacon's Nursery

I FINALLY finished Deacon's nursery! I have been wanting to share his special room but I had a couple finishing touches to do and it has taken me 4 months to get around to it. So here it is...definitely my favorite room in the house!
I'm already stressing about the day when we have to move and leave behind the chevron wall. Literally...our blood, sweat, and tears went into that thing...well maybe not mine, but still! The worst part about it is that the next homeowners will probably move in and paint right over it. If they only knew...
I have to give a HUGE shout out to my mom for the bedding. After searching for bedding and finding nothing that I liked that wasn't a million dollars, I had the brilliant idea of making my own. I'm sure my mom was not too thrilled when I presented the idea to her because deep down I'm sure she knew she would be taking over this project. Well she was right and I basically served as her assistant (ironing) on maybe one occasion while she tackled everything! Well, she did an awesome job and I am so happy with how it turned out. Now that all her kids know about her amazing skills she just might be making bedding for future grandbabies! So a thank you to my mom for sacrificing so much time on this sewing projects. It was such a special gift that I will always cherish!
I found the bumper fabric at JoAnns and the other material at the Cotton Shop in Murray. I love that place. I was so surprised I was able to find coordinating fabrics that I liked.
I found this project on Pinterest.
Alan's cousin made us this cute sign, which went perfectly in his room.
I was inspired by this mobile. It was super easy just time consuming and my hands killed from opening and closing those tiny jump rings. But, it helped kill time those final weeks of pregnancy!
I am so relieved to have it done...now onto the next room!

7 comments:

Kate Packer said...

so so so cute. I love what you did. I am working on decorating our little girls room which is a work in progress. Where did you get that crib. I love it

Kate Packer said...

so so so cute. I love what you did. I am working on decorating our little girls room which is a work in progress. Where did you get that crib. I love it

Shan and Cam said...

Glad you posted this, it's fun to see. It all turned out darling and I like how it all came together. The bedding is super cute... love all the fabrics and mom did a good job sewing it all. It looks great. Good job, love it!

anya said...

i have been waiting to see this em! i love it. every inch! i have decided that i totally suck at decorating and need some serious tutoring from you, shan, and angie!

i didn't know you made the mobile so cute! love it! i could go on and on... i just love it all! good work em and al... and steve (for the wall of course!)

Larsens said...

Em i have been waiting to see the room!! I am in love with it all really you did a fantastic job!! You and your mom on the bedding. LOVE that fabric so awesome!! Love ya!

spencerandmolly said...

so cute!

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

What a relief to feel finished! I love your color choice and patterns! I bet Deacon feels at peace in that room :) What a darling room to match your darling boy. I can't believe he is 4 months old! Miss you