Sunday, July 18, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN!

Alan turned 25 yesterday! I can't believe he is a quarter of a century. I think I might have a nervous breakdown in September when I turn 25! Birthdays and holidays stress me out because Alan is WAY more thoughtful and creative than I am. I guess that's a good thing for me but bad for him! We didn't do anything too out of the ordinary but I tried to plan some fun activities for the weekend. Friday we had a BBQ and played mini golf. Too bad for Alan, I beat him!
Saturday we went swimming at the local swimming pool. Never before have I seen so many kids and pregnant women. I think we were the only 25 year old without kids. Needless to say, we got some sun and did some good people watching.
Saturday we practiced using the self-timer before going to dinner at the Sandpiper here in Pocatello.
We got a new camera and apparently did not realize that it would take 10 pictures in a row when using the self-timer. It made for a good laugh.
Our friends came over tonight to celebrate with cake and ice-cream...and some cookies.
After our discovery with the self-timer, we decided to put it to good use...
Happy Birthday Alan. I love you and can't wait to celebrate more birthdays and grow old with you!

6 comments:

Jeff and Linz said...

Happy Birthday Alan! We love you so so much! Looks like you guys had such a fun weekend! Em you spoiled him! I miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Looks fun! I'm bummed that we missed out, and I feel your pain about the thoughtfulness... Ray is WAY better at that stuff than I am!

Shannon and Cameron said...

Happy BIrthday Al! Looks like you guys had way fun. Isn't that hilarious when you realize that about self timer... that happened our first time too.

BTW, I noticed a good aperture shot on the cookies. Did Alan teach you that? :)

Kasi Lee said...

Emily, the furniture in the background looks amazing!

anya said...

I too am noticing the fabulous pictures Em! You lovin the new camera?

Happy Birthday Al-bear! Looks like a fun weekend!

I love the pictures of you guys in the house... I still haven't seen your townhouse so it was fun to see your living space! Super cute!!!

Skye said...

happy happy birthday alan!! can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!