Sunday, March 7, 2010

Visitors

We were so lucky to have my parents come to Poky and spend the weekend with us! Lucky for us we not only got to spend time with my parents but we got some much needed projects done around our house. One of those projects consisted of power washing our garage. Let me explain...we had the brilliant idea a couple weeks ago to spray paint our kitchen table. Due to the cold weather, we figured we would do it in our garage. This was not the best idea I have ever had. After being intoxicated by the fumes, we found brown residue covering the entire garage and everything in it. To make a long story short, we have been parking our car in the driveway for the last couple of weeks because I am paranoid we are going to track the dust into our house.


My dad getting the power washer ready

While the men worked, my mom and I shopped and sewed. It was so nice to spend some time with my parents and it made me realize how much I miss spending time with my family whenever I want. I can't wait for the day when we can hopefully live close to our family again. Thanks for coming mom and dad!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

that had to have been so nice to have your parents there.. and now you have your garage back! How nice it that :)

Shannon and Cameron said...

I need that power washer over at my place!! I love the stash of dc in the background too!

Angie N said...

you are so cute Em!! Your garage looks pretty big and really clean! What did you and your mum end up sewing? I really want to learn how to make pillows :)

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

That is the cleanest, emptiest garage I've ever seen. That makes me want to do some spring cleaning this weekend! Love you Em, I hope that you get more weekends like that with family, they are always so refreshing! What would we do without our parents?

Anonymous said...

Gracias a las personas de buen corazón realizamos sueños hechos realidad somos una ONG INTERNATIONAL CONTRUCTORA que construye casas totalmente gratuitas a las personas mas necesitadas en todo centro América, ahora estamos en Colombia y necesitamos de tu ayuda. Cualquier inquietud nuestro E-MAIL funconstructorrescasadigna.7@gmail.com nos encuentra en mi patrocinio. com Gracias.