Sunday, February 10, 2013

15 Months

Time is flying and I can't believe Deacon is 15 months! Now I realize I post a million pictures and tons of stats when I do these monthly updates but I am so glad I do. I have had an app on my phone where I have documented all of Deacon's milestones since he was born. I have been pretty precise as far as exact dates of nitty gritty things he has done. Well I just got a new phone and all the info from that app was deleted. I was seriously hysterical but the only thing keeping me sane is the fact that I have documented Deacon's life on a montly basis on my blog. That being said, I still feel like a horrible mom!
15 Month Stats:
Weight: 22 pounds, 7 ounces-18th percentile
Height: 31 1/4 inches- 45th percentile
Anyway, Deacon keeps getting busier and more fun by the day. He truly is such a joy and we love him so much. He is quite the talker as far as jibberish goes. He has a handful of words which include: mama, dada, nana, papa, cheese, go, bath, and this (if that counts as a word). We have realized how much we say "this" to him and it is a hard habit to break! He is still signing but mainly uses milk, water, more, all done, and dog, fish, and book. He loves the signing time DVD's and will sign nearly every word when he watches the show. It is pretty cute! He knows the following animal sounds: horse, cow, pig, dog, elephant, and cat. He is pretty good at pointing to his body parts (eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, ears, belly button, hands, feet, head). He loves to find mom and dad's belly button and does so by lifting up our shirts! He has started doing this adorable cheesy face this month. I have tried so hard to catch it on camera but have not been able to but it is hilarious! 
He now has 8 teeth...4 on top, 4 on bottom. 
He got his second ear infection last month which was in both ears. He had a cold but I really didn't think it was anything more until he started grabbing at his ears like crazy one night. I quickly decided to take him in before the clinic closed and I'm so glad I did! He was pretty miserable!
He is really into trucks and cars lately. He loves to push them around and make sounds with his mouth. 
He is a pretty great eater. He is very independent and won't let us feed him. He is awesome at using utensils. Some of his favorite foods include: cereal, any kind of fruit, corn, turkey, cheese, macaroni, and bread. He is pretty good about eating whatever we are having for dinner. He loves those Gerber fruit and veggie puffs. He would eat them all day if I would let him. 
He loves playing on stairs, which drives me crazy sometimes! However, he just recently learned how to go down on his tummy and he is pretty careful so that makes me feel better. 
He is OBSESSED with phones and remotes to the point of throwing tantrums if he doesn't get them. Anytime he hears a phone ring he immediately puts his hand up to his ear as if he's talking on the phone. We have some pretend phones that he talks on and constantly says, "dada, nana, and papa" into the phone. He also likes to pretend to talk into other objects like remotes or anything resembling a phone. 
He loves our cell phones and has gotten pretty good at working them and can get to the games he plays. It is insane!
Church is a joke lately. He literally will not stay in the pew for more than 5 seconds. We spend the whole 3 hours in the hall. 
He's a t.v. fanatic. Not sure how this happened because I really limit the amount of t.v. he watches but he loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse more than anything and it is the only guaranteed thing that will always cheer him up. 
He sleeps from about 8 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. and takes a two hour nap around 1 p.m. Sometimes he sleeps longer. 
He loves to play pat-a-cake. He will clap his hands to let us know he wants to sing it and he throws his arms in the air to "throw it in the oven". 
He loves peek-a-boo and will cover his eyes with his hands then uncover them and yell. 
He is kind of needy as far as wanting us to play with him at all times. It is hard to get anything done!
He has learned how to climb onto things that aren't too high. 
He really hates to share and cries if other kids takes his toys or even comes near them. 
We go to the library 1-2 times a week for story time and I'm starting him in a gymnastics class this week. 
He loves bath time but absolutely HATES having his teeth brushed. He has still been getting a bottle before bed. He loves it and frantically signs "milk" when he gets his jammies on. However, last night I put him to bed without a bottle and he did great! I'm hoping we will be able to cut him from the bottle, although I'm really going to miss holding him before bed! He goes to bed great and goes down for naps pretty easily. It takes him awhile to fall asleep but he usually doesn't cry. He still takes his binkie for naps and bedtime. Not sure when I will dare take it away!
He really is such a sweetheart and we love him so much! He keeps us entertained all day everyday and has such a fun personality. I really wish everyone could see him in his element because he's one of a kind. He has so much spunk and loves life so much! 
He is so strong willed and can be quite dramatic when he wants to be yet can be so sweet and can be quite the little ham. He is constantly getting people's attention when we are in public and knows how to put on a show when he wants to. He cracks us up!
We love you more than you'll ever know Deacon! I wish time would slow down but I love seeing you learn and grow. You amaze me and I couldn't be more proud to be your mom!

5 comments:

anya said...

getting so big!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh so cute! Love his jacket! I can't believe he is 15 months...crazy!

Chase and Janessa said...

So that last comment was from me..I didn't realize chase was logged in for school :) by the way, we need to chat soon!! :)

Shan and Cam said...

Stop growing up Deacon! He looks darling!

Emma said...

He is adorable!