If there was one word to describe Deacon at 7 months it would be BUSY! I keep thinking that maybe I'm exaggerating and just don't know what it is like since he is my first but the general consensus I am getting from everyone is that he is on the move constantly! Although I am trying to chase him/entertain him all day...I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so happy and feel so blessed that he is healthy and developing so well. Especailly with my background and work experience, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel incredibly grateful for everything Deacon is doing.
From the second Deacon wakes up till he goes to bed he is on the move. He literally doesn't sit still for more than 10 seconds and his eyes are constantly taking everything in. I have never seen a head whip around as fast as his when he hears any sort of sound. I think our biggest accomplishment at 7 months is that I FINALLY feel like Deacon is on a schedule!!! Now I realize that I have probably been overly anal about this but this is just my personality. I feel like I am such a better, happier mom now that we have a schedule and I know what to expect everyday. When he is fussy I don't feel like I am constantly playing the guessing game because for the most part he eats and sleeps at specific times. Deacon is back to sleeping through the night (most nights). He is napping great and falls asleep on his own without crying most of the time. For journaling purposes here is his schedule:
Wakes up between 6:00 and 6:30 and nurses
Eats breakfast at 7:00
Drinks a bottle then takes a nap from about 9:00 to 11:00 (sometimes shorter)
Eats lunch and has a bottle around 12:30
Naps from about 1:30-3:00
Drinks a bottle at 4:30 or 5:00 and eats dinner
Bed and bottle at 8:00
Deacon only nurses in the morning from one side but I am still pumping...I know call me crazy!
Here are some things about Deacon at 7 months:
Crawling (army crawling & on all fours) everywhere
Tries to pull up on everything and is usually successful
Sits independently really well and can get from sitting to hands and knees and vice versa
LOVES crawling on mom and dad. If we are standing up he will crawl to our feet and pull up on our legs to get us to pick him up. This is very cute and flattering but kind of annoying when he does it all day!
Loves his dad. When Alan is home he usually prefers him
Likes rolling a ball back and forth with mom and dad
He is starting to enjoy the bath more and is splashing like crazy
Likes playing in mom and dads bed when he wakes up in the morning
His stranger danger seems to be getting better but he definitely has some separation anxiety
He is staring to sleep on his side quite a bit
Starting to bring finger foods to his mouth
Got a new car seat but still isn't in love with being confined in the car
Starting to give "high five"
Thinks it is funny when you wave at him
Church has become a joke and we spend the majority of time in the hall
Loves banging toys together
HATES getting dressed or having his diaper changed because he can't lie still. Every diaper change usually ends in hysterics and I'm usually sweating by the time I'm done.
Got his first "owie" on his nose when he face planted on a toy
We are so in love with our boy and can't imagine life without him. I am so amazed at the new things he learns everyday and I'm thankful for the things he teaches me on a daily basis. We love you Deacon!
5 comments:
he is such a doll Em! So glad you are enjoying the schedule! it's the only way to go!
Oh gosh I need to hold that little guy! So so cute! And seriously, we should talk because he sounds SO much like Nixon was! And the nursing thing.. Nixon still nurses mainly on one side for me too!!!! Talk to you soon!
Really love the pics, he looks darling! I love his outfit too!
I think these are my favorite pics of him. He is so cute! I love love love having a schedule. It makes life so much better. I will be in Utah all of July and August. Let's get together. Miss you!
Well documented Em! Love all the pictures and knowing all the cute things we have to look forward to in the near future. Deacon's so lucky to have such a sweet mama :)
Post a Comment