A couple weeks ago, we were asked along with some of our neighbors (aka the Bengal View Compound) to be in charge of our stake's 24th of July parade float. Yes, we have been named the Bengal View compound by our ward apparently. We basically had no budget and literally no time to put it together due to all of our summer vacations. I'm pretty sure we didn't even stand a chance at winning but we got the job done. And I must say it was a pretty fun evening putting it all together.
The theme of the parade was "Faith of Our Fathers". We got extra creative and did a geneology theme.
Rather than constructing a tree from scratch, Brooks took the initiative to cut down a tree for us. The only problem was that it was a bit dead by the time the parade came around. So we decided to spruce it up with some pom pom balls.
We recruited some awesome ward members to ride on the float and they played the part well.
Cali's artwork was a big hit at the parade.
We all rode in the truck that pulled the float and it made it all worth it to hear the crowd screaming "Hey look it's a family tree".
Our fingers are crossed that this was a one time assignment!
2 comments:
It's seriously about time you start looking pregnant. You look really cute!!
Totally forgot about this float situation. It seriously turned out cute. I would have been so stressed out if I had to make a float... cute pom poms and cute pics in the tree. I love the idea!
what an assignment. my ward had the same one... however they had a massive budget... and a year or more notice! i think the float was a brillant idea em. way to go!
Post a Comment