Sunday, April 14, 2013

Boise Trip

A couple of weeks ago, we headed to Boise for a little getaway. Alan was presenting at a pharmacy conference and also had a job interview. Deacon and I decided to tag along and I'm so glad we did! It honestly was such a fun trip. We really haven't taken any trips just the 3 of us and we had the best time. I am so in love with my little family. Yes, we were just in Boise but for some reason everything about the trip was perfect. I am so grateful for the opportunity we have in this life to have families. There is nothing better and I love spending time with Alan and Deacon. 
We headed straight to P.F. Chang's when we got into town and quickly learned it was not a good idea to bring Deacon there...should have stuck with Chipotle! However, Deacon loved the huge horse outside of the restaurant. 
We were a little nervous about having a one room hotel. We were not sure how Deacon would go to sleep with us in the same room but he did amazing! We did some furniture rearranging so his pack-and-play was hidden behind the t.v. console and he didn't put up a fight. The only tricky part was keeping the lights off and being quiet from 8:00 p.m. until we went to sleep. So what did we do? We watched Downton Abbey on the iPad, sharing the headphones...pretty awesome!
If you know Deacon, you know he is obsessed with phones so he spent the majority of time in the room playing with the phone! He was in heaven!
We went to an indoor play gym one day. Deacon had an absolute blast and if I'm being honest, so did I! 
Maybe the best part of the trip was the swimming pool. The last time we went swimming Deacon was pretty little so we weren't sure if he would like it or not. He LOVED it! And how cute is he in his swimsuit...seriously the  cutest thing ever!
He had a blast splashing in the water and loved hearing his voice echo in the room. We swam every night and Deacon could not get enough. I can't wait to do swim lessons with him this summer. 
We fed the ducks one night. 
These two have the sweetest bond. 
The weather was gorgeous and we spent an afternoon at the park flying airplanes. 

It was the most perfect little vacay and it makes me want to do this more often. Heres to hoping for more family trips in the future!

1 comment:

Angie N said...

How fun Em!! Makes me really want to go on a vacay and I can't wait to take Le swimming. D's swimsuit is so adorable!