
The longer we are here in Idaho, I realize there are many reasons why Poky is a great place! This is what I have come up with so far...
Winco...So if you haven't heard of Winco, it is a low price grocery store. Reasons for the low prices include bagging your own groceries, including pushing a lever to move your groceries along the track after the clerk has checked them. I include this detail because it took us several times at Winco wondering why the checker was not sending our groceries down for us to bag until I finally asked and was informed I had to push the lever...pretty funny! The best part about Winco is that they have everything you can imagine in bulk. Unlimited amounts of candy, cereal, flour, spices, chocolate chips, rice, noodles, beans, trail mix, dog food, etc. You name it, they have it. You can even make your own peanut butter or almond butter.
Cheap Car Registration...We recently had to renew our car registration. We debated about whether we should just register it in Utah again or if we should do it in Idaho. Well we quickly learned it was a no brainer when we found out that Idaho does not require safety or emissions testing. Insane I know! So it was $60 to register our car for two years. Steal of a deal. I do miss our Utah plates, however! At least we still have them on one car.
Our House...We absolutely love having a place of our own! It has been so much fun decorating and taking on all the responsibilities of having a home.
Friends...We have met so many great people. It has been refreshing to make new friends as a married couple.
Less Time Getting Ready...I am quickly learning that my hair is going to be in a ponytail nearly everyday due to the excessive wind. I am really stretching to make this a positive aspect of Idaho, but it really is going to save me some time in the mornings!
Farr's Ice Cream...They have thirty flavors and it is only $1 for a cup. Maybe I will try every flavor by the time we leave!
No traffic...It only takes a couple minutes to get across the whole town. I have never seen any major accidents. It takes me 5 minutes or less to get to work depending on how many students I have to stop for so they can cross the street!
Quality time together...I think the best part about being in Idaho is being able to spend so much quality time with Alan. We spent a lot of time with our families in Utah (which we miss so much) but we have loved spending time with just the two of us!
I'm hoping the list will continue to grow over the next 4 years!
6 comments:
Oh fun.. Yeah for Pokey!! :)
Well now Pokey sounds nice! I am glad you are focusing on all the postive things idaho has to offer! When i come visit i want to go to Winco it sounds like a treat! love ya!!!
I loved this post EM! I am happy that you are liking it:)
Em... we gotta come visit... I want to see that grocery store and get some ice cream!!! Seriously, when can we come?
loved the post em :) yeah for ID! We soo need to get together! i am so excited that you live close :) ps your house is adorable!
I am sorry i have not called...this semester is completely consuming my life! We need to get together...i miss you! i will call you soon :)
Ha ha!! So funny. AND p.s. You're hair looks SO cute!
Post a Comment