Wednesday, April 8, 2009
The results are in...
Alan had an interview for the Idaho State University College of Pharmacy one month ago. He also had interviews scheduled in Vermont and Massachusetts this weekend. We have been waiting to hear back from Idaho to see if he was accepted and that was going to determine whether or not Alan interviewed back East. It has been nerve racking because he didn't book any plane tickets because Idaho State told him he would hear back the first week of April. We knew it would be close but we decided to hold out and wait to hear if he was accepted before planning a trip back East. Luckily, the letter came on Monday. It arrived at Alan's parent's house and we had to wait until eight o'clock that night to open it because Alan had work. Let's just say it was a long day of waiting. On the drive to Alan's house we were talking about how it was kind of like opening a mission call but possibly worse because instead of going for two years it would be four. Well I am happy to announce that Alan was accepted and he will begin school in the fall. I'm still getting used to the idea of living in Pocatello for four years but we are excited that we will still be very close to family and friends. I am so proud of Alan. We feel very blessed because out of 1000 applicants, only 10 out of state students were accepted! He is such a hard worker. And the best news of all...we will be Bengals once again!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Cute pic!!!! Congrats Alan and Em! We'll have to come visit! :) When will you leave??
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Alan that's awesome. i am excited for you. Hey, Brian's wife Missy's family lives in pocatello. you can visit them whenever you want...
Congrats! You will have so much fun, it will be the best thing for your marriage to depend on eachother! I loved living away our first year. We'll have to come visit when we come up to idaho! Love ya!
Bengal pride!!! you guys are crazy! congrats alan i am excited for you guys and don't worry we'll come visit!
Congrats! :) It sounds like your wedding turned out wonderful! :) I am doing good, just working right now and waiting... It's kinda crazy but we're excited, I'll have to add you to mine, I'm glad you still remembered my address back from our blogg stalking in Family and Social Gerontology! :) How are you? When do you move?
Em it's Jordan!!! Congrats that's sooo exciting.. We will be waiting for results like that in a few months for dental school!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!
Wow! That is so exciting. I'm glad to have some friends who are moving out of state. That way you can tell me what to expect when I go. You guys are great and your wedding was beautiful!
That is so great Em and Al. Emily can you even believe that you are going to be even further north than Logan!?
Well I love you both. Hopefully we will still more of each other this summer.
Love,
Ky
Post a Comment